5 Things I’m Loving This Week March 17, 2017…
I’m really excited about listening this week. I’ve been listening to Suzuki violin book 1 and Suzuki cello book 1 nonstop with my own kiddos, and it’s been so much fun. Between listening with my kids, and teaching my students the Suzuki repertoire is in my brain basically all the time. And, I kind of love it! For my tips on creating a daily listening routine for your family (and a hilarious video of one of my babies rocking out to Allegro) check out my post from Monday.
1. Here’s an article by Christine Goodner, (Suzuki Triangle) about how exposing our children to great music and great musicians helps them build their own sense of intrinsic motivation, which is what we all want! I love Christine’s work so much, and I can’t wait for her upcoming book!
2. Are you listening to Paula Bird’s podcast, Teach Suzuki? It’s a wonderful resource for parents and teachers. This episode about listening is one worth sharing with every Suzuki teacher and parent!
3. It turns out that the music education benefits of listening are backed by research. Here’s an article by Noa Kageyama, “A Simple Way to Keep Music in your Fingers When Practicing More isn’t an Option.”
4. I love Alan Duncan’s blog “The Suzuki Experience,” and he has FOUR fantastic articles about listening…I just couldn’t pick one! You should read them all!
5. Did you know you can listen to your Suzuki recordings on Amazon Music Unlimited? Score!
What are your best listening tips? Please share in the comments!